Thanks to Matt Campbell Nicely (http://mattcampbellnicely.com) for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award! It’s always great to know that someone actually reads my blog, and that my posts are not entirely lost in the dark void of cyberspace.
2. I think the person who first combined the flavors of chocolate and peanut butter should be knighted/given a Nobel prize/put on a postage stamp, or all three.
3. I love to travel, but hate to fly. I can’t step on an airplane without prescription medication.
4. I’ve written journals since age 9. Writing has kept me sane during difficult periods. Those journals are especially handy now that I’m writing a memoir, Turbulence in the Veins.
5. If I could borrow the Tardis and travel in time, I would visit Ancient Greece and Rome so I could meet the great philosophers. Two of my favorite books are “Meditations” by Marcus Aurelius and “The Last Days of Socrates” by Plato.
6. I mostly read nonfiction, but if I had to choose a favorite fiction author other than J.K. Rowling and J.R.R. Tolkien it would be Herman Hesse. Outside of fictional series, the most books I’ve bought from one author are his. Siddartha, Glass Bead Game, and Journey to the East are some of my favorites.
7. I’ve taken the Myers-Briggs personality test several times and always come out the same - INFJ. This is the rarest personality type, and clearly not an evolutionary advantage. I am the most introverted of introverts. :-)